light in Gujarati ગુજરાતી
- (રંગ અંગે) ફીકું. સળગાવવું ⇄ light gujarati
- અંધારું નહિ ⇄ light gujarati
- અજવાળું ⇄ light gujarati
- અવરજવર નિયંત્રક દ ીવો – વા ⇄ light gujarati
- આંખનું તેજ ⇄ light gujarati
- કશાકની ઊજળી બાજુ ⇄ light gujarati
- ચમક ⇄ light gujarati
- જ્ઞાન ⇄ light gujarati
- જ્યોતિ ⇄ light gujarati
- તેજ ⇄ light gujarati
- દીપ ⇄ light gujarati
- દીવો ⇄ light gujarati
- દેવત ા સળગાવવાન ી દીવાસળી – કાકડો ⇄ light gujarati
- દ્રષ્ટિ ⇄ light gujarati
- દ્રષ્ટિકોણ ⇄ light gujarati
- પેટવવું ⇄ light gujarati
- પ્રકાશ ⇄ light gujarati
- બોધ ⇄ light gujarati
- ભરપૂર પ્રકાશવાળું ⇄ light gujarati
light in Hindi हिन्दी
- आलोक ⇄ light hindi
- उद्योत ⇄ light hindi
- ओज ⇄ light hindi
- चमक ⇄ light hindi
- चमकना ⇄ light hindi
- चमकीला ⇄ light hindi
- चिराग ⇄ light hindi
- जलना ⇄ light hindi
- जलाना ⇄ light hindi
- ज्ञान ⇄ light hindi
- ज्ञानोदय ⇄ light hindi
- ज्योतिर्मय ⇄ light hindi
- दीप ⇄ light hindi
- दीपक ⇄ light hindi
- धीरे से ⇄ light hindi
- पथ्य ⇄ light hindi
- प्रकाश डालना ⇄ light hindi
- प्रकाश देना ⇄ light hindi
- प्रकाशित करना ⇄ light hindi
- प्रकाशित होना ⇄ light hindi
- बिना विचार के ⇄ light hindi
- बिना सोचे विचारे ⇄ light hindi
- मामूली सी मात्रा में ⇄ light hindi
- रोशनी ⇄ light hindi
- लपट ⇄ light hindi
- संद ⇄ light hindi
- सरल ⇄ light hindi
- सहज में ⇄ light hindi
- सहज में पचन योग्य ⇄ light hindi
- सहनीय ⇄ light hindi
- सुपाच्य ⇄ light hindi
- हलका ⇄ light hindi
- हलके से ⇄ light hindi
light in Kannada ಕನ್ನಡ
- ಕಾಮ್ತಿ ⇄ light kannada
- ಜನಿಸು ⇄ light kannada
- ಜ್ಯೋತಿ ⇄ light kannada
- ತೊಳಗು ⇄ light kannada
- ದೀಪ ⇄ light kannada
- ದೀಪ್ತಿ ⇄ light kannada
- ದೀವಿಗೆ ⇄ light kannada
- ಪ್ರಕಾಶ ⇄ light kannada
- ಪ್ರಭೆ ⇄ light kannada
- ಬೆಳಕು ⇄ light kannada
- ರಶ್ಮಿ ⇄ light kannada
- ಲಘು ⇄ light kannada
- ಲಘುವಾದ ⇄ light kannada
- ಸಪುರ ⇄ light kannada
- ಸೊಡರು ⇄ light kannada
- ಹಗುರ ⇄ light kannada
- ಹಚ್ಚು ⇄ light kannada
- ಹತ್ತಿಸು ⇄ light kannada
- ಹುಟ್ಟು ⇄ light kannada
- ಹೊತ್ತಿಸು ⇄ light kannada
light in Kashmiri कॉशुर
- بٔتۍ،بِجلی ⇄ light kashmiri
- زالُن ⇄ light kashmiri
- سوٚت سوٚت ⇄ light kashmiri
- سہَل، یُس جَلدی فِکرِ تَرِ ⇄ light kashmiri
- فاریکھ ⇄ light kashmiri
- لوٚت ⇄ light kashmiri
- لۄتہِ ⇄ light kashmiri
- پرٛزلُن ⇄ light kashmiri
- کَم ⇄ light kashmiri
- گاش،گاشہٕ لَو ⇄ light kashmiri
- گاشدار آسُن ⇄ light kashmiri
- گاشراوُن ⇄ light kashmiri
- ہَلکہٕ ⇄ light kashmiri
light in Marathi मराठी
- आनंदित ⇄ light marathi
- आलोक ⇄ light marathi
- उजेड ⇄ light marathi
- उजेड करणे ⇄ light marathi
- उल्लसित ⇄ light marathi
- गाढ नसलेली ⇄ light marathi
- तेज ⇄ light marathi
- दिवा लावणे ⇄ light marathi
- दीपन करणे ⇄ light marathi
- द्युती ⇄ light marathi
- पातळ ⇄ light marathi
- पेटणे ⇄ light marathi
- पेटवणे ⇄ light marathi
- पेटविणे ⇄ light marathi
- प्रकाश ⇄ light marathi
- प्रकाशमान करणे ⇄ light marathi
- प्रकाशित करणे ⇄ light marathi
- प्रज्वलित करणे ⇄ light marathi
- प्रदीप ⇄ light marathi
- प्रभा ⇄ light marathi
- फिकट ⇄ light marathi
- फिका ⇄ light marathi
- फिका चहा ⇄ light marathi
- भोवंड ⇄ light marathi
- लाइट ⇄ light marathi
- विजेचा दिवा ⇄ light marathi
- विरळ ⇄ light marathi
- शिलगावणे ⇄ light marathi
- संथ ⇄ light marathi
- सौम्य ⇄ light marathi
- हलका ⇄ light marathi
- हलकासा ⇄ light marathi
- हलकीशी ⇄ light marathi
- हलके ⇄ light marathi
light in English
- light ⇄ adj. 1. easy to carry; not heavy.
Ex. a light load.
2. having little weight for its size; of low specific gravity.
Ex. a light metal. Feathers are light.
3a. having less than usual or normal weight.
Ex. Many men wear lightenglish
- light ⇄ adj. 1. having light.
Ex. the lightest room in the house.
2. bright; clear.
Ex. This moonlight night is as light as day.
3. pale in color; approaching white.
Ex. light hair, light blue, the light green of larch trees in tenglish
- light ⇄ adv. in a light manner; lightly.
Ex. to travel light.english
- light ⇄ expr. bring to light, to reveal; expose.
Ex. The reporter brought to light bribery in the city government.english
- light ⇄ expr. by (or according to) one's (own) lights, following one's own ideas, intelligence, and conscience in the best way that one knows.
Ex. In communities like Hull, Mass., the citizens do what they can by their own lights (Newsweek).english
- light ⇄ expr. come to light, to be revealed or exposed.
Ex. When his prison record came to light, he lost his job.english
- light ⇄ expr. hide one's light under a bushel, to shy from the display of one's own talent; hide one's skills; be too modest.
Ex. With typical modesty they have hidden their light under a bushel, refusing to brag even to their own people (New York Times).english
- light ⇄ expr. in (the) light of,
a. because of; considering.
Ex. In the light of all these facts, what he did was completely right. We would judge in the light of all the circumstances as to whether or not the situation was out of hand (Wall Streetenglish
- light ⇄ expr. light in the head. See under head. english
- light ⇄ expr. light into, (Slang.)
a. to attack.
Ex. Then he lit into Congress for its ""passion for economy regardless of the consequences"" (Newsweek).
b. to scold.
Ex. The librarian lit into the boys who were making all the noise.english
- light ⇄ expr. light out, (Slang.) to leave suddenly; go away quickly.
Ex. And so when I couldn't stand it no longer, I lit out (Mark Twain).english
- light ⇄ expr. make light of, to treat as of little importance.
Ex. Making light of what ought to be serious ... (Jane Austen).english
- light ⇄ expr. see the light (of day),
a. to be born.
Ex. The helpless infant sees the light (David Hume).
b. (Figurative.) to be made public.
Ex. Had not the doctrines offended France, they had long since seen the light (William Petty).english
- light ⇄ expr. shed (or throw, cast) light on, to make clear; explain.
Ex. The space age has cast new light on natural radiation initially in the discovery of the Van Allen belts (Harper's).english
- light ⇄ expr. stand in one's own light, to oppose one's own interest; frustrate one's purpose.
Ex. Even from the first You stood in your own light and darken'd mine (Tennyson).english
- light ⇄ expr. strike a light, to make a light.
Ex. We had implements to strike a light (Washington Irving).english
- light ⇄ light (1), noun, adjective, verb, lightedorlit,lighting. english
- light ⇄ light (2), adjective, adverb. english
- light ⇄ light (3), intransitive verb, lightedorlit,lighting.
1. to come down to the ground; alight.
Ex. He lighted from his horse.
2. to come down from flight.
Ex. A bird lighted on the branch.
3. to come by chance.
Ex. My eyenglish
- light ⇄ neon lamp orlight
a glass tube filled with neon gas and containing two electrodes instead of a filament. When voltage is applied to the electrodes, an electric discharge occurs and the gas glows fiery red.english
- light ⇄ noun 1a. that by which we see; form of radiant energy that acts on the retina of the eye. Light consists of electromagnetic waves that travel at about 186,282 miles per second.
Ex. The sun gives light to the earth.
b. a similar form of radiaenglish
- light ⇄ Saint Elmo's fire orlight,St. Elmo's fire. english
- light ⇄ St. Elmo's fire orlight,
a ball of light, due to a discharge of atmospheric electricity, often seen on masts of ships, towers, and the like; corposant. Also, Saint Elmo's fire or light.english
- light ⇄ v.i. 1. to become light; be lighted up.
Ex. The sky lights up at dawn.
2. to take fire; become ignited.
Ex. Matches light when you scratch them.
3. (Figurative.) to become bright with animation, eagerness, or happiness.
- light ⇄ v.t. 1. to cause to give light.
Ex. She lighted the lamp.
2. to give light to; fill with light.
Ex. The room is lighted by six windows.
3. (Figurative.) to make lively; make bright or clear; brighten.
Ex. Her face was lighenglish