name in Gujarati ગુજરાતી
- આબરૂ ⇄ name gujarati
- ઓળખવું ⇄ name gujarati
- કીર્તિ ⇄ name gujarati
- કુટુંબ ⇄ name gujarati
- કુળ ⇄ name gujarati
- ગોત્ર ⇄ name gujarati
- ન ામ દઈને બો લાવવું ⇄ name gujarati
- નામ ⇄ name gujarati
- નિમણૂક કરવી ⇄ name gujarati
- નીમવું ⇄ name gujarati
- સંજ્ઞા ⇄ name gujarati
- – નું નામ પા ડવું દેવું ⇄ name gujarati
- –નો ઉલ્લેખ કરવો ⇄ name gujarati
name in Marathi मराठी
- अब्रू ⇄ name marathi
- इज्जत ⇄ name marathi
- इभ्रत ⇄ name marathi
- कीर्ती ⇄ name marathi
- नाम ⇄ name marathi
- नामकरण करणे ⇄ name marathi
- नाव ⇄ name marathi
- नाव देणे ⇄ name marathi
- नाव सांगणे ⇄ name marathi
- नावलौकिक ⇄ name marathi
- नावारुपास ⇄ name marathi
- नावे ⇄ name marathi
- लौकिक ⇄ name marathi
- व्याप्तिलक्षी संज्ञा ⇄ name marathi
name in English
- name ⇄ adj. well-known.
Ex. a name brand, a name designer. There are scarcely a dozen name musicians in the U.S. who are both able and willing to play avant-garde music (Time).english
- name ⇄ expr. by name,
a. the name of.
Ex. She knows all her chickens by name.
b. by hearing about but not actually having met.
Ex. We all know George Washington by name.
c. by calling his or her name.
Ex. He mentioned theenglish
- name ⇄ expr. call names, to call bad names; swear at; curse.
Ex. You can call me names, but I won't change my mind one bit.english
- name ⇄ expr. in name only, supposed to be, but not really so.
Ex. a king in name only.english
- name ⇄ expr. in the name of,
a. with appeal to the name of.
Ex. What in the name of common sense do you mean?
b. acting for; with the authority or approval of.
Ex. He bought the car in the name of his employer.english
- name ⇄ expr. name names, to identify a person or persons by name, especially in incriminatory circumstances.
Ex. Six New York City teachers ... were suspended because they refused to ""name names"" in an investigation of Communist influence (New York Timeenglish
- name ⇄ expr. one's name is legion. See under legion. english
- name ⇄ expr. take a name in vain, to use a name, properly God's name, and hence any other entitled to respect, lightly or irreverently.
Ex. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain (Exodus 20:7).english
- name ⇄ expr. the name of the game, the essential thing; the thing that really counts.
Ex. The name of the game is trust; you've got to trust things (James Dickey). In the rough and tumble world of professional basketball, survival is often the name of theenglish
- name ⇄ expr. to one's name, belonging to one.
Ex. not a dollar to his name.english
- name ⇄ expr. you name it, anything or anyone you can think of.
Ex. You name it--Fraser has written about it (Maclean's).english
- name ⇄ name, noun, verb, named,naming,adjective. english
- name ⇄ noun 1. the word or words by which a person, animal, place, or thing is spoken of or to.
Ex. Our dog's name is Butch. What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet (Shakespeare).
2. a word or words applieenglish
- name ⇄ v.t. 1. to give a name or names to.
Ex. They named the baby Mary. The Hudson river is named after the English explorer Henry Hudson.
(SYN) denominate, entitle, call.
2. to call by name; mention by name.
Ex. Three persons were naenglish