- अधिक चांगला ⇄ better marathi
- चांगुलपणा ⇄ better marathi
- जास्त चांगला ⇄ better marathi
- जास्त चांगल्या प्रकारे ⇄ better marathi
- पेक्षा चांगला ⇄ better marathi
- पैज लावणारा ⇄ better marathi
- पैजकार ⇄ better marathi
- फारच चांगले ⇄ better marathi
- बेहत्तर ⇄ better marathi
- सरस ⇄ better marathi
better in Gujarati ગુજરાતી
- બહેતર ⇄ better gujarati
- માંદગીમાંથી અંશત: કે પૂર્ણપણ ે સાજું થય ેલું ⇄ better gujarati
- વધારે સારું – ભલું ⇄ better gujarati
better in Hindi हिन्दी
- अपेक्षाकृत अधिक ⇄ better hindi
- और अच्छे ढंग से ⇄ better hindi
- पहले से स्वस्थ ⇄ better hindi
- बेहतर ⇄ better hindi
- शर्त लगाने वाला ⇄ better hindi
- श्रेष्ठतर ⇄ better hindi
- सुधार करना ⇄ better hindi
better in Kashmiri कॉशुर
- بہتَر بَناوُن،جان بناوُن ⇄ better kashmiri
- بہتَر پٲٹھۍ،جان پٲٹھۍ،اَصٕل پٲٹھۍ ⇄ better kashmiri
- بہتَر،جان،اَصٕل ⇄ better kashmiri
- بہتَریٖن ،رُت،زَبَر ⇄ better kashmiri
better in Telugu తెలుగు
better in English
- better ⇄ adj. 1a. more good, excellent, or useful than another.
Ex. He left for a better job. He does better work than his brother. Better times are at hand.
b. of superior quality.
Ex. Man's better nature triumphed then (William Cullen Bryant)english
- better ⇄ adv. comparative of well (1).1. in a more excellent way.
Ex. Try to read better next time. The plays of Shakespeare were better acted, better edited, and better known than they had ever been (Macaulay).
2. in a higher degree; more completelenglish
- better ⇄ better (1), adjective, comparative ofgood,adverb, verb, noun. english
- better ⇄ better (2), noun.
a person who bets. Also, bettor.english
- better ⇄ expr. better off, in a better condition.
Ex. He is better off now that he has a new job.english
- better ⇄ expr. better oneself, to improve one's position, condition, or circumstances.
Ex. She left to better herself, and obtained the position of a nurse (Frederick Marryat).english
- better ⇄ expr. betters, one's superiors.
Ex. Listen to the advice of your elders and betters.english
- better ⇄ expr. for better for worse, accepting the possibility of good and bad happenings.
Ex. Him and Anne have now resolved to take one another for better or worse (Dickens).english
- better ⇄ expr. for the better, toward improvement or recovery.
Ex. The sick man took a turn for the better.english
- better ⇄ expr. get (or have) the better of, to be superior to; defeat.
Ex. The tortoise got the better of the hare. Sometimes the Medes had the better of the Lydians (Thomas Stanley).english
- better ⇄ expr. go one better, to do better than; outstrip; excel.
Ex. He tried to go us one better by bidding twice as much as we did for the antique.english
- better ⇄ expr. had better, ought to; should.
Ex. I had better go before it rains.english
- better ⇄ expr. no better than she should be, of doubtful virtue.
Ex. You ought to dismiss the new maid if she is no better than she should be.english
- better ⇄ expr. think better of,
a. to think over and change one's mind about; have second thoughts about.
Ex. In the morning you will think better of your decision to go on such a long hike.
b. to form a better opinion of (a person).
- better ⇄ noun a person or thing that is better.
Ex. Which is the better of these two dresses? Take the better of the two roads.english
- better ⇄ noun betterer. english
- better ⇄ v.i. to become better; improve.
Ex. The situation has bettered since yesterday.english
- better ⇄ v.t. 1. to make better; improve.
Ex. We can better that work by being more careful next time.
2. to do better than; surpass.
Ex. The other class cannot better our grades.english