dance in English
- dance ⇄ adj. 1. of or having to do with dancing.
2. for dancing.
Ex. dance music.english
- dance ⇄ dance, verb, danced,dancing,noun, adjective. english
- dance ⇄ expr. dance attendance on. See under attendance. english
- dance ⇄ expr. dance to one's tune. See under tune. english
- dance ⇄ noun 1. movement in rhythm, usually in time with music.
Ex. The dances of primitive peoples were usually mass dances (Emory S. Bogardus).
2. some special group of steps.
Ex. The waltz is a well-known dance.
3. a party where peopenglish
- dance ⇄ v.i. 1. to move in rhythm, usually in time with music.
Ex. The ballerina can dance very gracefully.
2. to jump up and down; move in a lively way.
Ex. The little boy danced with delight.
3. (Figurative.) to bob up and down.
Ex. They danced a waltz.
2. to cause to dance.
Ex. He danced me around the room.
3. to bring about by dancing.
Ex. She danced holes in her shoes.