measure in Gujarati ગુજરાતી
- (નિયત) વિસ્તાર અથવા જથ્થો ⇄ measure gujarati
- ઈ મ ાપવાનું સા ધન ⇄ measure gujarati
- કોઈ વસ્તુનું કદ ⇄ measure gujarati
- ઘટતું પગલું–કામ ⇄ measure gujarati
- છંદ ⇄ measure gujarati
- જથ્થો ⇄ measure gujarati
- તાલ ⇄ measure gujarati
- ધારાસભાનો કાયદો. કદ ⇄ measure gujarati
- પટ્ટી ⇄ measure gujarati
- પરિમાણ ⇄ measure gujarati
- પાત્ર ⇄ measure gujarati
- માત્રા ⇄ measure gujarati
- માત્રા ઈ. માપ ⇄ measure gujarati
- માપ ⇄ measure gujarati
- માપવું ⇄ measure gujarati
- વિસ્તાર ⇄ measure gujarati
- વૃત્ત ⇄ measure gujarati
- સંખ્યા ⇄ measure gujarati
- સંખ્યા ઈ. માપ વતી જોવું ⇄ measure gujarati
- સળિ યો ⇄ measure gujarati
measure in Hindi हिन्दी
- अंदाज़ करना ⇄ measure hindi
- क़ीमत लगाना ⇄ measure hindi
- ताल ⇄ measure hindi
- थाहना ⇄ measure hindi
- नाप ⇄ measure hindi
- नापना ⇄ measure hindi
- परिमाण ⇄ measure hindi
- प्रमाण ⇄ measure hindi
- मात्रा ⇄ measure hindi
- मान ⇄ measure hindi
- माप ⇄ measure hindi
- माप करना ⇄ measure hindi
- मापना ⇄ measure hindi
- लक्ष्य ⇄ measure hindi
- लय ⇄ measure hindi
- सीमा ⇄ measure hindi
measure in Marathi मराठी
- उपाय ⇄ measure marathi
- ओळीची रुंदी ⇄ measure marathi
- खबरदारी ⇄ measure marathi
- जोखणे ⇄ measure marathi
- तोड ⇄ measure marathi
- निकष ⇄ measure marathi
- परिमाण ⇄ measure marathi
- मात्रा ⇄ measure marathi
- मान ⇄ measure marathi
- माप ⇄ measure marathi
- माप घेणे ⇄ measure marathi
- मापणे ⇄ measure marathi
- मापन ⇄ measure marathi
- मिती ⇄ measure marathi
- मोजणे ⇄ measure marathi
- मोजपट्टी ⇄ measure marathi
- युक्ति ⇄ measure marathi
- रुंदी ⇄ measure marathi
measure in Telugu తెలుగు
measure in English
- measure ⇄ expr. for good measure, as something extra; as something not necessarily expected.
Ex. ... while for good measure there are five plays instead of the usual three (London Times).english
- measure ⇄ expr. in a measure, to some degree; partly.
Ex. The story was funny in a measure, but it had its serious side, too.english
- measure ⇄ expr. measure out,
a. to divide; apportion; distribute.
Ex. I ... Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons, I have measured out my life with coffee spoons (T. S. Eliot).
b. to mete or deal out.
Ex. Sermons were measured outenglish
- measure ⇄ expr. measure up to, to match.
Ex. The party did not measure up to her expectations.english
- measure ⇄ expr. measure up, to have the necessary qualifications.
Ex. He did not get the job because he just did not measure up.english
- measure ⇄ expr. measures, strata or beds of a mineral.
Ex. The coal measures were found deep in the mine.english
- measure ⇄ expr. take measures, to do something; act.
Ex. The Security Council has taken measures to avert a major crisis.english
- measure ⇄ expr. take one's measure, to judge one's character.
Ex. I have encountered a good many of these gentlemen in actual service, and have taken their measure (Benjamin Jowett).english
- measure ⇄ expr. tread a measure, to dance.
Ex. Let us gaily tread a measure (Sir William S. Gilbert).english
- measure ⇄ measure, verb, -ured,-uring,noun. english
- measure ⇄ noun measurer. english
- measure ⇄ noun 1. the size, dimensions, quantity, or amount obtained by measuring.
Ex. His waist measure is 32 inches.
2. the act or process of finding the extent, size, quantity, capacity, or other amount, of something, especially by comparison withenglish
- measure ⇄ simple time ormeasure
(Music.) a rhythm or time having two or three beats to a measure.english
- measure ⇄ v.i. 1. to be of a certain size or amount.
Ex. Buy some paper that measures 8 by 10 inches.
2. to take measurements; find out size or amount.
Ex. Can he measure accurately?
3. to admit of measurement.english
- measure ⇄ v.t. 1a. to find the size or amount of (anything); find how long, wide, deep, large, or much (a thing) is.
Ex. We measured the room and found it was 20 feet long and 15 feet wide. We measured the pail by finding out how many quarts of water it woulenglish