hold in Gujarati ગુજરાતી
- અમુક સ્થિતિમાં પકડી રાખવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- ઊજવવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- ચલાવવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- નમતું ન આપવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- નિયંત્રણમાં – અટકમાં રાખવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- પકડવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- પકડી રાખવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- મજબૂત પકડ વું ⇄ hold gujarati
- માનવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- રોકવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- વિચાર કરવો ⇄ hold gujarati
- સંચાલન કરવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- –ન ા કબજામાં હોવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- –ના માલિક હોવું ⇄ hold gujarati
- –માં સમાવું–સમાવવાની ક્ષમતા હોવી ⇄ hold gujarati
hold in Hindi हिन्दी
- अधिकार ⇄ hold hindi
- अधिकार में रखना ⇄ hold hindi
- अनुष्ठन रखना ⇄ hold hindi
- असर ⇄ hold hindi
- कब्जा ⇄ hold hindi
- चालू रखना ⇄ hold hindi
- जहाज का पेटा ⇄ hold hindi
- धरण रखना ⇄ hold hindi
- धरना ⇄ hold hindi
- पकड़ ⇄ hold hindi
- पकड़ना ⇄ hold hindi
- पकडे रखना ⇄ hold hindi
- मनाना ⇄ hold hindi
- रखना ⇄ hold hindi
- रोकना ⇄ hold hindi
- लगा रहना ⇄ hold hindi
- समाई रखना ⇄ hold hindi
hold in Marathi मराठी
- - च्या आत मावणे ⇄ hold marathi
- आयोजित करणे ⇄ hold marathi
- आवाका ⇄ hold marathi
- कार्यरत असणे ⇄ hold marathi
- खिळवून ठेवणे ⇄ hold marathi
- घेणे ⇄ hold marathi
- ताबा ⇄ hold marathi
- थांबविणें ⇄ hold marathi
- थांबा ⇄ hold marathi
- धरणे ⇄ hold marathi
- धरा ⇄ hold marathi
- धरुन ठेवणे ⇄ hold marathi
- धरून ठेवणे ⇄ hold marathi
- धारण करणे ⇄ hold marathi
- निदर्शन ⇄ hold marathi
- निदर्शन करणे ⇄ hold marathi
- नियंत्रण ⇄ hold marathi
- पकड ⇄ hold marathi
- पकडणे ⇄ hold marathi
- पकडून ठेवणे ⇄ hold marathi
- पगडा ⇄ hold marathi
- पत्रकार परिषद घेणे ⇄ hold marathi
- पत्रकार परिषद बोलावणे ⇄ hold marathi
- पवित्र मानणे ⇄ hold marathi
- पेलणे ⇄ hold marathi
- प्रभाव ⇄ hold marathi
- प्रसिद्धी रोखून ठेवा ⇄ hold marathi
- बाणणे ⇄ hold marathi
- बैठक भरवणे ⇄ hold marathi
- मत बाळगणे ⇄ hold marathi
- मानणे ⇄ hold marathi
- मालकीचे असणे ⇄ hold marathi
- मावणे ⇄ hold marathi
- विवर ⇄ hold marathi
- समजणे ⇄ hold marathi
- सांभाळणे ⇄ hold marathi
- सामावणे ⇄ hold marathi
- हातात धरणे ⇄ hold marathi
hold in Telugu తెలుగు
hold in English
- hold ⇄ adj. holdable. english
- hold ⇄ expr. get hold of, to get; obtain.
Ex. I must get hold of some money before the banks close today.english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold a candle to. See under candle. english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold back,
a. to keep back; keep from acting; restrain.
Ex. Some divinity holds back mine arm (John Dryden).
b. to avoid disclosing.
Ex. to hold back the truth. He is holding something back.english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold down,
a. to keep down; keep under control; repress.
Ex. The more they were held down, the more they flourished.
b. (Informal, Figurative.) to have and keep.
Ex. to hold down a job.english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold forth,
a. to talk or preach; harangue (often used disparagingly).
Ex. He is able to hold forth upon canes longer than upon any one subject in the world (Sir Richard Steele).
b. to offer.
Ex. A chapel ... where Mass waenglish
- hold ⇄ expr. hold good, to continue valid; apply.
Ex. It will hold good in nineteen out of twenty instances (John R. McCulloch).english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold in,
a. to keep in; keep back; restrain; check.
Ex. He held in the dogs until the fox was seen.
b. to restrain oneself; keep silence.
Ex. I could hardly hold myself in when he kicked my dog.english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold off,
a. to keep off or at a distance; keep from attacking.
Ex. to hold off the enemy. Hold off your hand (Shakespeare).
b. to keep from acting; keep away or aloof.
Ex. The storm may hold off. If you love me, hold notenglish
- hold ⇄ expr. hold on,
a. to keep one's hold.
Ex. He found himself holding on to a piece of plank.
b. (Figurative.) to keep on; continue.
Ex. He held on until there was no chance of winning.
c. (Informal.) stop! wait a minute!.english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold one's own. See under own. english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold out,
a. to keep up; continue; last.
Ex. The food will only hold out two more days. No way to fly, nor strength to hold out flight (Shakespeare).
b. (Figurative.) to keep resisting; not give in; endure.
Ex. Her constitenglish
- hold ⇄ expr. hold over,
a. to keep for further action or consideration; postpone.
Ex. The bill has been held over until next year.
b. to stay in office beyond the regular term.
Ex. He held over until his successor was appointed.
- hold ⇄ expr. hold the bag. See under bag. english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold the fort. See under fort. english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold the line. See under line (1). english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold up,
a. to keep from falling; support.
Ex. The roof is held up by pillars.
b. (Figurative.) to maintain; keep up.
Ex. Prices have been holding up pretty well.
c. to show, display.
Ex. He held up the sign senglish
- hold ⇄ expr. hold water. See under water. english
- hold ⇄ expr. hold with,
a. to side with.
Ex. Some there were, that held with both sides (Meredith Hanmer).
b. to agree with.
Ex. I don't hold with him buying flowers when his children haven't got enough to eat (Cornhill Magazine). english
a. to seize; grasp.
Ex. They took hold of each other's hands. The officers ... were laid hold on (Daniel Defoe).
b. (Figurative.) to get control or possession of.
Ex. His declaration ... fail
Ex. There were no holds barred when the enemies met in combat.
a. on a telephone connection held open automatically until someone is available to take the call.
Ex. Phone calls sometimes come in from Florida, Nova Scotia, and Missouri; the callers may be put on hold f
Ex. It is hard for him to take hold in the new place, to build himself a new career there (Edmund Wilson).
the part inside a ship or airplane where the cargo is carried. A ship's hold is below the deck.
Ex. to release one's hold. You must take a better hold if you are to pull your weight.
b. a way of holding an opponent in wrestling.
2a. a thing to hold by.
Ex. The dike held during the flood. Will your anchor hold?
2. to remain in a specified state; continue in a course; last; persist.
Ex. The frost still holds.
Ex. Please hold my hat. Hold my watch while I play this game. The boy was left awkwardly holding the baby. The man held his head in his hands.
(SYN) support, bear, sustain.