- अँकर ⇄ anchor marathi
- गलबताचे नांगर ⇄ anchor marathi
- जहाज पुढे जाऊ नये म्हणून जहाजातून पाण्यात सोडलेला धातूचा अवजड तुकडा ⇄ anchor marathi
- नांगर ⇄ anchor marathi
- नांगर टाकणे ⇄ anchor marathi
- लंगर ⇄ anchor marathi
- लंगर टाकणे ⇄ anchor marathi
- सुत्रसंचालन करणे ⇄ anchor marathi
- स्थिरक ⇄ anchor marathi
anchor in Gujarati ગુજરાતી
- (વહાણનું કે વિમાનનું) લંગરવાર કરવું – થવું ⇄ anchor gujarati
- ન ાંગરવું ⇄ anchor gujarati
- નાંગર ⇄ anchor gujarati
- લંગર ⇄ anchor gujarati
- સ્થિર – દૃઢ – ક રવું ⇄ anchor gujarati
anchor in Hindi हिन्दी
- लंगर का ⇄ anchor hindi
- लंगर डालकर जहाज़ ठहराना ⇄ anchor hindi
- लंगर डालना ⇄ anchor hindi
- सहारा ⇄ anchor hindi
- सहारा का ⇄ anchor hindi
anchor in Kannada ಕನ್ನಡ
- ನಡೆಸಿಕೊಡುವವ ⇄ anchor kannada
- ನಮ್ಗಲ್ಲು ⇄ anchor kannada
- ಭರವಸೆ ಇಟ್ಟುಕೊಮ್ಡಿರು ⇄ anchor kannada
- ಲಮ್ಗರು ⇄ anchor kannada
- ಲಮ್ಗರು ಎಳೆ ⇄ anchor kannada
- ಲಮ್ಗರು ಹಾಕು ⇄ anchor kannada
- ಲಾಮ್ಗಲ ⇄ anchor kannada
- ಸಮ್ಗೀತ ಕಲಾಪ ⇄ anchor kannada
- ಸ್ಥಳದ ಹತ್ತಿರ ಲಮ್ಗರುಹಾಕು ⇄ anchor kannada
anchor in Kashmiri कॉशुर
- احتِماد حٲصِل کَرُن ⇄ anchor kashmiri
- ہُکہٕ ⇄ anchor kashmiri
- ہُکہٕ ترٛاوُن ⇄ anchor kashmiri
anchor in English
- anchor ⇄ anchor (1), noun, verb. english
- anchor ⇄ anchor (2), noun.
(Obsolete.) an anchorite; hermit.
Ex. An anchor's cheer in prison be my hope (Shakespeare).english
- anchor ⇄ expr. at anchor, held by an anchor; anchored.
Ex. The ship was riding at anchor in the bay.english
- anchor ⇄ expr. cast an anchor to windward, to adopt measures for security.
Ex. Policy is based on a desire to cast an anchor to windward, to secure a friend for the United States.english
- anchor ⇄ expr. cast anchor, to let down or drop the anchor.
Ex. The boat cast anchor near shore.english
- anchor ⇄ expr. come to anchor, to drop the anchor.
Ex. They drifted along the coast and came to anchor in a bay.english
- anchor ⇄ expr. ride at anchor, to be kept at some place by being anchored.
Ex. The boat rode at anchor until the storm subsided.english
- anchor ⇄ expr. weigh anchor, to take up the anchor so as to sail away.
Ex. They weighed anchor and drifted toward shore. (Figurative.) Our author weighs up anchors, and once more ... resolves to prove his fortune (Philip Massinger).english
- anchor ⇄ noun 1. a shaped piece of metal fastened to a rope, chain, or cable lowered from a ship or boat to the bottom of the water to hold the ship or boat in place.
Ex. The anchor caught in the mud of the lake bottom and kept the boat from drifting.
Ex. The ship anchored in the bay.
2. to lay hold or be firmly fixed in any way.
Ex. (Figurative.) His opinion was firmly anchored in faith.
3. to be or serve as
Ex. Can you anchor the boat in this storm?
2. to hold in place; fix firmly.
Ex. The scouts anchored the tent to the ground.
3. to be the anchorman or anchorwoman of.
Ex. to anchor a