can in Gujarati ગુજરાતી
can in English
- can ⇄ can (1), verb, 1st and 3rd personcan,2nd personcanor (Archaic)canst;past tensecould.
1a. to be able to.
Ex. He can run fast. You can hear the echo of the mountain stream from our cottage in the woods.
b. to know henglish
- can ⇄ can (2), noun, verb, canned,canning. english
- can ⇄ expr. carry the can, (Especially British Slang.) to take the blame or responsibility.
Ex. When a Cabinet Minister delegates to a civil servant, he carries the can (David Frost).english
- can ⇄ expr. in the can, (Informal.) (of motion-picture film) ready to show; completed.
Ex. There are already five new full-length motion pictures ""in the can"" and ready for release (Newsweek).english
- can ⇄ noun 1. a container, usually with a cover or lid and made of thin steel coated with tin.
Ex. a paint can, a trash can, a milk can, an oil can.
2a. the amount that a can holds.
Ex. Add three cans of water to make the orange juice.
Ex. Grandmother is canning fruit.
2. to seal or enclose (nuclear fuel) in protective metal.
Ex. Zirconium is used in atomic plants for canning nuclear fuel elements, because it has the rare p