up in Gujarati ગુજરાતી
- આગળ ઉત્તર તરફ ⇄ up gujarati
- ઇ.માં ઊંચે – વધુ ⇄ up gujarati
- ઉપર ⇄ up gujarati
- ઉપરની જગ્યાએ – જગ્યા તરફ ⇄ up gujarati
- ઊઠીને ઊભું થયેલું ⇄ up gujarati
- ઊભું ⇄ up gujarati
- કાર્યક્ષમ અથવા સક્રિય અવસ્થામાં ⇄ up gujarati
- કિંમત ⇄ up gujarati
- જથા ⇄ up gujarati
- ટટાર ⇄ up gujarati
- પથારીમાંથી બહાર – ઊઠેલું ⇄ up gujarati
- પ્રસ્તુત જગ્યામાં – તરફ ⇄ up gujarati
- રકમ ⇄ up gujarati
- રાજધાન ી અથવા યુન િવર્સિટીમાં – તરફ ⇄ up gujarati
up in Kannada ಕನ್ನಡ
- ಅಸ್ತವ್ಯಸ್ಥ ಸ್ಥಿತಿ ⇄ up kannada
- ಕುಪಿತ ⇄ up kannada
- ಪರ್ಯಮ್ತ ⇄ up kannada
- ಮೇಲೆ ⇄ up kannada
- ಸಮ್ಪೂರ್ಣವಾಗಿ ⇄ up kannada
up in Malayalam മലയാളം
- ഉയരെ ⇄ up malayalam
- തീര്ത്തും ⇄ up malayalam
- മുകളിലേയ്ക്ക് ⇄ up malayalam
- മുകളില് ⇄ up malayalam
- മേലേക്ക് ⇄ up malayalam
up in English
- up ⇄ adj. 1. advanced; forward.
2. going or pointed upward.
Ex. an up trend.
3. above the ground or horizon.
Ex. The sun is up. The wheat is up.
4. out of bed.
Ex. On Christmas morning the children were up at dawn.
Ex. The bird flew up.
2. in a higher place or condition; on or at a higher level.
Ex. We stayed up in the mountains several days.
3. from a smalle
a. (Informal.) increasing; rising; improving.
Ex. Attendances and sales at recent exhibitions of the Royal Academy have been on the up and up (London Times).
b. (Slang.) honest; legitimate.
Ex. ""All my b
Ex. First, we are up against a dynamic opponent whose strident anti-Americanism will not soon die away (New Yorker).
Ex. If the Labor party's supporters had been up and doing, the party's losses would not have been so great (New York Times).
Ex. There are many fine examples of reinforced concrete storage bunkers up and down the country (London Times).
a. a candidate for.
Ex. to be up for senator, be up for reelection.
b. on trial in a court of law for.
Ex. He is up for robbery.
a. as far or as high as.
Ex. up to one's elbows in work.
b. till; until.
Ex. up to the present day.
c. reaching the limit of; fulfilling.
Ex. work not up to expectations.
d. doing; about to do.
2. a piece of good luck.
3. (U.S. Slang.) upper (def. 3).
Ex. The cat ran up the tree.
2. to, toward, or near the top of.
Ex. They climbed up a hill.
3. along; through.
Ex. She walked up the street.
4. toward or in the
(formerly) United Press. Now, UPI (no periods).
Ex. They upped the price of eggs.