- उभा ठेवणे ⇄ keep marathi
- कायम ठेवणे ⇄ keep marathi
- कायम राखणे ⇄ keep marathi
- कुक्कुटपालन करणे ⇄ keep marathi
- घरी बसवणे ⇄ keep marathi
- चांगले राहणे ⇄ keep marathi
- चूप बसणे ⇄ keep marathi
- टिकवणे ⇄ keep marathi
- टिकवून ठेवलेले ⇄ keep marathi
- ठेवणे ⇄ keep marathi
- डायरी लिहिणे ⇄ keep marathi
- तोल राखणे ⇄ keep marathi
- तोल सांभाळणे ⇄ keep marathi
- दूर ठेवणे ⇄ keep marathi
- पालन करणे ⇄ keep marathi
- पाळणे ⇄ keep marathi
- प्रतिबंध करणे ⇄ keep marathi
- राखणे ⇄ keep marathi
- राखून ⇄ keep marathi
- राहणे ⇄ keep marathi
- वचन पूर्ण करणे ⇄ keep marathi
keep in Gujarati ગુજરાતી
- (કુટુંબનું) ભરણપોષણ કરવું ⇄ keep gujarati
- ઉછેરવું ⇄ keep gujarati
- નિયંત્રિત કરવું ⇄ keep gujarati
- રક્ષણ કર વું ⇄ keep gujarati
- રોકવું ⇄ keep gujarati
- સંવર્ધન કરવું ⇄ keep gujarati
- સાચવી રાખવું ⇄ keep gujarati
- સારી કે વિશિષ્ટ હાલતમાં રાખવું – ટકી રહેવું ⇄ keep gujarati
- – નું પાલન કરવું ⇄ keep gujarati
- – ને યોગ્ય માન આપવું ⇄ keep gujarati
- – નો હવાલો સંભાળવો ⇄ keep gujarati
- – નો કબજ ો ચાલુ રાખવો ⇄ keep gujarati
keep in Telugu తెలుగు
keep in English
- keep ⇄ expr. for keeps,
a. for the winner to keep his winnings.
Ex. We, the undersigned, promise not to play marbles for keeps (The Advance).
b. (Informal.) forever; for good.
Ex. I'm through with him for keeps. I'm coming into the busenglish
- keep ⇄ expr. in good keep, in good condition.
Ex. ... as the owner of a fine horse is [solicitous] to have him appear in good keep (Charles Lamb).english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep an eye on. See under eye. english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep at a distance. See under distance. english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep at, to work persistently at; persist in.
Ex. By keeping at it all day he is able to get over nearly 2 acres (Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society).english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep back,
a. to hold back forcibly; restrain.
Ex. She made a brave effort to keep back her tears (George M. Fenn).
b. (Figurative.) to withhold; conceal.
Ex. It really seemed to me as if she were keeping something back (Genglish
- keep ⇄ expr. keep company (with). See under company. english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep down,
a. to hold in subjection or under control; repress.
Ex. to keep down a people's spirits.
b. to keep low in amount or number; prevent from growing or accumulating.
Ex. to keep down the interest on a loan. Employeenglish
- keep ⇄ expr. keep in with, (Informal.) to keep acquaintance or friendship with.
Ex. Though I do not love him, yet I find it necessary to keep in with him (Samuel Pepys).english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep on, to continue; go on.
Ex. The boys kept on swimming in spite of the rain.english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep one's distance. See under distance. english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep one's eyes open. See under eye. english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep one's eyes peeled. See under eye. english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep one's hand in. See under hand. english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep pace. See under pace. english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep to oneself,
a. to avoid associating with others.
Ex. The hermit keeps to himself.
b. to keep a secret.
Ex. The family kept the scandal to themselves.english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep to,
a. to adhere to.
Ex. The author has kept very closely to the historical facts. I hope the plan will be kept to.
b. to abide by.
Ex. He has kept to our agreement.english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep under, to hold in subjection or under control; keep down.
Ex. She had been accustomed to be kept under all her life (J. Masterman).english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep up with the Joneses. See under Joneses. english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep up with, to go or move as fast as; not fall behind.
Ex. You walk so fast that I cannot keep up with you.english
- keep ⇄ expr. keep up,
a. to continue; prevent from ending.
Ex. We kept up a small fire.
b. to maintain in good condition.
Ex. We must keep up appearances, even though we are poor.
c. not to fall behind.
Ex. If the childrenenglish
- keep ⇄ expr. keeps, a game played on the condition that each player retains possession of all that he wins; game played for keeps.
Ex. The last five ... are men who do not play keeps (London Daily Chronicle).english
- keep ⇄ keep, verb, kept,keeping,noun. english
- keep ⇄ noun 1. food and a place to sleep; maintenance; support.
Ex. The money he earns would not pay for his keep.
2. the strongest part of a castle or fort; central tower; stronghold; donjon.
Ex. The walls oppress me, and yon huge keep thatenglish
- keep ⇄ v.i. 1. to restrain oneself; refrain.
Ex. The little boy couldn't keep from crying when he fell down.
2. to stay in good condition; preserve.
Ex. Milk does not keep long in hot weather.
3. to stay the same; continue.
- keep ⇄ v.t. 1. to have for a long time or forever; continue to hold.
Ex. You may keep this book. George Washington kept the interest of the public.
2. to have and not let go of; retain under one's control.
Ex. Can you keep a secret? Some Presenglish