- जागे राहणे ⇄ stay marathi
- जिवंत राहणे ⇄ stay marathi
- तात्पुरते राहणे ⇄ stay marathi
- थांबणें ⇄ stay marathi
- बिऱ्हाड ⇄ stay marathi
- मुक्काम ⇄ stay marathi
- मुक्काम करणे ⇄ stay marathi
- राहणे ⇄ stay marathi
- वस्ती ⇄ stay marathi
- वास्तव करणे ⇄ stay marathi
- वास्तव्य ⇄ stay marathi
- वाहन थांबणे ⇄ stay marathi
- स्थगन ⇄ stay marathi
- स्थगिती ⇄ stay marathi
- स्थगिती आणणे ⇄ stay marathi
- स्थाप ⇄ stay marathi
stay in Gujarati ગુજરાતી
stay in Hindi हिन्दी
- चलना ⇄ stay hindi
- टिकना ⇄ stay hindi
- टेक ⇄ stay hindi
- ठहरना ⇄ stay hindi
- ठहराव ⇄ stay hindi
- थमना ⇄ stay hindi
- प्रतीक्षा करना ⇄ stay hindi
- बंधन ⇄ stay hindi
- बना रहना ⇄ stay hindi
- बाधित या अवस्र्द्ध करना ⇄ stay hindi
- मक़ाम ⇄ stay hindi
- मुक़ाम ⇄ stay hindi
- रहना ⇄ stay hindi
- रोक ⇄ stay hindi
- रोक देना ⇄ stay hindi
- रोकना ⇄ stay hindi
- सहारा ⇄ stay hindi
- स्थगन ⇄ stay hindi
- स्थगित करना ⇄ stay hindi
- स्र्कना ⇄ stay hindi
stay in English
- stay ⇄ expr. in stays, in the act of changing from one tack to another.
Ex. ""Christabel"" was sailed ... and was remarkably quick in stays (London Times).english
- stay ⇄ expr. stay out, to remain to the end of or beyond the limit of.
Ex. It seemed as if we had stayed our English welcome out (Hawthorne).english
- stay ⇄ expr. stay put, (Informal.) to remain where or as placed; remain fixed.
Ex. [a shirt] with big oversized French cuffs and generous shirttails that really stay put (New Yorker).english
- stay ⇄ expr. stays, a corset, especially a stiffened one.
Ex. Susan ... had suddenly become so very upright that she seemed to have put an additional bone in her stays (Dickens).english
- stay ⇄ noun 1. a support; prop; brace.
Ex. The oldest son was the family's stay.english
- stay ⇄ noun 1. one of the strong ropes, often of wire, that support the mast of a ship.
2. any rope or chain attached to something to steady it; guy. A broadcasting antenna or a flagpole may have stays.english
- stay ⇄ noun 1. the act or fact of staying; stop; time spent.
Ex. a pleasant stay in the country, a week's stay at the seashore.
2. the act or fact of stopping; check; restraint.
Ex. a stay on someone's activity.
3. the act or fact of cenglish
- stay ⇄ stay (1), verb, stayedor (Obsolete)staid,staying,noun. english
- stay ⇄ stay (2), noun, verb, stayed,staying. english
- stay ⇄ stay (3), noun, verb, stayed,staying. english
- stay ⇄ v.i. (of a ship) to change to the other tack. english
- stay ⇄ v.i. 1a. to continue to be; remain.
Ex. Stay here till I tell you to move. The cat stayed out all night. Shall I go or stay?
b. to continue to be as indicated; keep.
Ex. to stay clean, stay thin. Stay still.
2. to live for a whienglish
- stay ⇄ v.t. 1. to put off; hold back; delay.
Ex. The teacher stayed judgment till she could hear both sides. If I could stay this letter an hour (John Donne).
2. to prevent (a person or thing) from doing something; check; restrenglish
- stay ⇄ v.t. 1. to support, secure, or attach (as a mast) by means of a stay or stays.
2. to incline (a mast) forward or aft by stays.english
- stay ⇄ v.t. 1. to support; prop; hold up.
2. (Figurative.) to strengthen mentally or spiritually; fix or rest in dependence or reliance.